These next pictures are mainly for the grandkids. My kids say that they want pictures not talk. We watched the Sesame Street show for a few minutes but it got too hot to finish.
This flamingo tried to bite Paul as he was talking to it.
Beautiful Flamingos
My kids will tell you that I like love monkeys
He looks so unhappy.
Paul is in the left back corner. (scroll fast and you can get the effect)
Not wet yet.
Wet!
Even wetter....
Soaked!!
But it was worth it!
The kids on the bridge also get very wet.
We also took a ride on the sky ride that went over the entire park. It was much quieter and peaceful up there.
Up, up and away. This is my kind of ride.
When I went to stand between the branches/arms of this character he bent down and the branches/arms started to come around me. It startled me. He was so still when I walked up to it.
The ice show was so colorful and very well done.
This bird was just outside our door. I got a few pictures from inside because I didn't want to disturb him. But I decided after a while - he stayed near our apartment for a couple of hours - to go out and see if he would stick around for a picture shoot. He did. When I opened the screen door - very quietly - he just got up and started to walk away and then flared his wings. That is what I have been waiting for for months. I guess when their wings are wet they flair them to dry. Actually not sure why. But it is fun to see. 
Yesterday, June 11, I spent the day cleaning our apartment and getting our first blog post published. I also studied the Restoration lesson that we will be giving on Wednesday to our less active sister and her friend (I hope). We give the First Vision in this lesson and I am looking forward to giving it to these sisters.
Paul spent part of the afternoon.....golfing. I don't know how he tolerates the heat with the humidity. He was beet red and dripping wet when he got home. The Elders called to see if I would cut their hair. I had noticed Sunday that they were looking a bit shaggy. They both have the thickest hair. I love working with it because it makes it easier to shape and cut. They both left with a whole lot of hair on the floor and a lot less on their heads. They like it short so they don't have to get it cut too often.


No comments:
Post a Comment